Sunday, September 16, 2012

Why wear a wig?

By no means am I the most experienced person to ask, but you may have some questions concerning wigs. I own three, but I've done plenty of research on them. You probably have noticed that in a lot of pictures of girls dressed in Fairy Kei or Decora or Lolita that they are wearing a wig.

What makes wigs so wonderful:


  1. You can instantly change your entire hair style~! Match it to your outfit each day. Long, short, brown, pink, straight, curly... Anything you can imagine. Wear whichever one suits your mood that day!
  2. If you've always wanted to dye your hair a color but weren't allowed to, wigs are a wonderful way to go. 
  3. If you are someone who always dyes your hair, wigs will probably turn out to be less expensive. If you wear maybe two wigs, say they cost you $40 each, for several months to a year, that is a whole lot cheaper than going to the salon every month or two to recolor your hair. You just have to take good care of your wigs (I'll make another post about care). Also, your hair can grow out and heal without being disturbed by chemicals.
I could probably add more to this list but I'm sure I would ramble on about my own personal wigs. I'll get to that later.

"But won't I get made fun of?" 

(when it comes to both wigs AND the fashion)

Probably. Honestly, you'll get made fun of for anything "different" that you try to do. But eventually they'll get used to you and stop. On the bright side, people will admire you for your daring fashion sense, and really, you'll be absolutely adorable. This will be a great way to make new friends, as long as you keep smiling and be friendly! It's hard to be confident sometimes, but try to fake it until it becomes real. People will be jealous, but isn't that a good thing? People want to be confident like you, and be able to dress the way they've always wanted to too.

Back to the wig topic. If you really can't explain to people why you're wearing a wig, then just say something like, "I'm not allowed to dye my hair (because of parents, work, etc.) so I'm wearing this instead. Wigs are so convenient!" And smile like it makes you really happy :D

Also, chances are, if you're wearing a natural colored wig, people probably won't even ask.

My next post will be about WHERE to buy wigs!



[most of my photos are from photobucket or google, so I don't always have a direct source]



No comments:

Post a Comment